- Volberding PA, Baker KR, Levine AM. Human immune deficiency virus hematology. Hematology 2003; 2003:294-313.
- Choi SY, Kim I, Kim NJ et al. Hematological manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus infection and the effect of highly active anti-retroviral therapy on cytopenia. Korean J Hematol 2011; 46:253.
- Sullivan PS, Hanson DL, Chu SY et al.. Epidemiology of anemia in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV )-infected persons: results from the multistate adult and adolescent spectrum of HIV disease project. Blood 1998; 91:301-8.
- Mocroft A, Kirk O, Barton E et al. Anaemia is an independent predictive marker for clinical prognosis in HIV-infected patients from across Europe. AIDS 1999; 13:943-50.
- Kowalska JD, Mocroft A, Blaxhult A et al. Current emoglobin levels are more predictive of disease progression than hemoglobin measured at baseline in patients receiving antiretroviral treatment for HIV type 1 infection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 2007; 23:1183-8.
- Kawcharoenporn T, Shikuma CM, Williams AE, Chow DC. Lamivudine-associated macrocytosis in HIV-infected patients. Int J STD AIDS 2007; 18:39-40.
- Remacha AF, Cadafalch J. Cobalamin deficiency in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus. Semin Hematol 1999; 36:75-87.
- De Angelis V, Biasinutto C, Pradella P et al. Clinical significance of positive direct antiglobulin test in patients with HIV infection. Infection 1994; 22:92-5.
- Koduri PR, Singa P, Nikolinakos. Autoimmune haemolytic anemia in patients infected with human immunodeficiency virus-1. Am J Hematol 2002; 70:174-6.
- Henry DH, Beall GN, Benson CA et al. Recombinant human erythropoietin in the treatment of anemia associated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV ) infection and zidovudine therapy: overview of four clinical trials. Ann Intern Med 1992; 117:739-48.
- Abrams DI, Steinhart C, Frascino R. Epoetin alfa therapy for anaemia in HIV-infected patients: impact on quality of life. Int J STD AIDS 2000; 11:659-65.
- Redig AJ, Berliner N. Pathogenesis and clinical implications of HIV-related anemia in 2013. Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2013; 2013:377.
- Moore JD,Keruly JC, Chaisson RE. Anemia and survival in HIV infection. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr Hum Retovirol 1998; 19:29-33.
- Marks KM, Clarke RM, Bussel JB et al. Risk factors for thrombocytopenia in HIV-infected persons in the era of potent antiretroviral therapy. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2009; 52:595.
- 1 Nardi M, Karpatkin S. Antiidiotype antibody against platelet anti-GPIIIa contributes to the regulation of thrombocytopenia in HIV-1-ITP patients. J Exp Med 2000; 191:2093-100.
- 1 Coyle TE. Management of the HIV-infected patient. Part II. Med Clin North Am 1997; 81:449-70.
- Kowalczyk M, Rubinstein PG, Aboulafia DM. Initial experience with the use of thrombopoietin receptor agonists in patients with refractory HIV-associated immune thrombocytopenic purpure: a case series. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS care 2015; 14:211-6.
- Andersen CL, Tesfa D, Siersma VD, et al. Prevalence and clinical significance of neutropenia discovered in routine complete blood cell counts: a longitudinal study. J Intern Med 2016; 279:566.
- 1 Bain BJ. The haematological features of HIV infection. Br J Haematol 1997; 99:1-8.
- Jacobsen MA, Khayam-Bashi H, Martin JN et al.Effect of long-term highly active antiretroviral therapy in
- Restoring HIV-induced abnormal B-lymphocyte function. JAcquir Immune Defic Syndr 2002; 31:472-7.
- Fabris P, Tositti G, Giordani MT et al. Prevalence and clinical significance of circulating cryoglobulins in HIV-positive patients with and without co-infection with hepatitis C virus. J Med Virol 2003; 69:339-43.
- Sullivan PS, Dworkin MS, Jones JL, Hooper WC. Epidemiology of thrombosis in HIV-infected individuals. AIDS. 2000; 14:321-4.
- Saif MW, Bona R, Greenberg B. AIDS and thrombosis: retrospective study of 131 HIV-infected patients. AIDS Pt Care STDs 2001; 15:311-20.