- Hazra R, Siberry GK, Mofenson LM. Growing up with HIV: children, adolescents, and young adults with perinatally acquired HIV infection. Annu Rev Med, 2010; 61:169-185
- Vreeman RC, Scanlon ML, McHenry MS, Nyandiko WM. The physical and psychological effects of HIV infection and its treatment on perinatally HIV-infected children. J Int AIDS Soc, 2015; 18(Suppl 6):20258
- Bamford A, Turkova A, Lyall H, et al. Paediatric European Network for Treatment of AIDS (PENTA) guidelines for treatment of paediatric HIV-1 infection 2015: optimizing health in preparation for adult life. HIV Med, 2018; 19:e1-e42.
- Lowenthal ED, Bakeera-Kitaka S, Marukutira T, et al. Perinatally acquired HIV infection in adolescents from sub-Saharan Africa: a review of emerging challenges. Lancet Infect Dis, 2014; 14:627-639.
- Mofenson LM, Cotton MF. The challenges of success: adolescents with perinatal HIV infection. J Int AIDS Soc, 2013; 16:18650
- Mellins CA, Malee KM. Understanding the mental health of youth living with perinatal HIV infection: lessons learned and current challenges. J Int AIDS Soc, 2013; 16:18593.
- Mellins CA, Tassiopoulos K, Malee K, et al. Behavioral health risks in perinatally HIV-exposed youth: co-occurrence of sexual and drug use behavior, mental health problems, and nonadherence to antiretroviral treatment. AIDS Patient Care STDs, 2011; 25:413-422.
- Agwu AL, Fairlie L. Antiretroviral treatment, management challenges and outcomes in perinatally HIV-infected adolescents. J Int AIDS Soc, 2013; 16:18579.
- Zash R, Makhema J, Shapiro RL. Neural-Tube Defects with Dolutegravir Treatment from the Time of Conception. N Engl J Med, 2018; 379:979-981
- Persson A, Newman CE, Miller A. Caring for ‘underground’ kids: qualitative interviews with clinicians about key issues for young people growing up with perinatally acquired HIV in Australia. Int J Adolesc Youth, 2017; 22:1-15.
- Newman CE, Persson A, Miller A, Brown RJ. "Just take your medicine and everything will be fine": Responsibilisation narratives in accounts of transitioning young people with HIV into adult care services in Australia. AIDS Care, 2016; 28:131-136.
- INSIGHT START Study Group. Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy in Early Asymptomatic HIV Infection. N Engl J Med, 2015; 373:795-807.
- TEMPRANO ANRS 12136 Study Group. A Trial of Early Antiretrovirals and Isoniazid Preventive Therapy in Africa. N Engl J Med, 2015; 373:808-822.