- BHIVA guidelines for the routine investigation and monitoring of adult HIV-1-positive individuals 2016 (2019 interim update). Available at: https://www.bhiva.org/monitoring-guidelines
- Laboratory Testing for Initial Assessment and Monitoring of Patients with HIV Receiving Antiretroviral Therapy. US Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Adults and Adolescents with HIV. Available at: https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/html/1/adult-and- adolescent-arv/3/tests-for-initial-assessment-and-follow-up
- European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) HIV Guidelines Version 10.0. https://eacs.sanfordguide.com/
- Chronic kidney disease management in primary care 2020. Available at: https://kidney.org.au/health-professionals/ckd-management-handbook
- Kieffer TL, Finucane MM, Nettles RE, et al. Genotypic analysis of HIV-1 drug resistance at the limit of detection: virus production without evolution in treated adults with undetectable HIV loads. J Infect Dis. 2004; 189:1452-1465. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15073683.
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Adults and Adolescents with HIV. US Department of Health and Human Services. Available at: https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/html/1/adult-and-adolescent-arv/15/virologic- failure
- Panel on Opportunistic Infections in Adults and Adolescents with HIV. Guidelines for the prevention and treatment of opportunistic infections in adults and adolescents with HIV: recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the National Institutes of Health, and the HIV Medicine Association of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Available at http://aidsinfo.nih.gov/contentfiles/lvguidelines/adult_oi.pdf. Accessed 6 April 2021.
- Cahn P, Madero JS, Arribas JR, et al. Dolutegravir plus lamivudine versus dolutegravir plus tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and emtricitabine in antiretroviral-naïve adults with HIV infection (GEMINI-1 and GEMINI-2): week 48 results from two multicentre, double-blind, randomised, non-inferiority, phase 3 trials. Lancet 2019; 393:143-155.
- van Wyk J, Ajana F, Bisshop F, et al. Efficacy and safety of switching to dolutegravir/lamivudine fixed-dose 2-drug regimen vs continuing a tenofovir alafenamide-based 3- or 4-drug regimen for maintenance of virological suppression in adults living with human immunodeficiency virus type-1: phase 3, randomised, noninferiority TANGO study. Clin Infect Dis 2020; 7:1920-9.
- Van Wyk, Ajana F, Bisshop F et al. Switching to DTG/3TC fixed-dose combination (FDC) is non-inferior to continuing a TAF-based regimen (TBR) in maintaining virological suppression through 96 weeks (TANGO study). Abstract 0441. Abstract Supplement HIV Glasgow – Virtual, 5-8 October 2020. J Int AIDS Soc 2020; 23: e25616
- Figueroa MI, Sued OG, Gun AM, et al. DRV/R FDC plus 3TC for HIV-1 treatment-naive patients: Week 48 results of the ANDES study. CROI 2018, Abstract #489 http://www.croiconference.org/sessions/drvr3tc-fdc-hiv-1-treatment-na%C3%AFve-patients-week-48-results-andes-study
- Corado KC, Caplan MR, Daar ES. Two-drug regimens for treatment of naïve HIV-1 infection and as maintenance therapy. Drug Des Devel Ther 2018; 12:3731-40.
- Aboud M, Orkin C, Podzamczer D, et al. Efficacy and safety of dolutegravir-rilpivirine for maintenance of virological suppression in adults with HIV-1: 100-week data from the randomised, open-label, phase 3 SWORD-1 and SWORD-2 studies. The Lancet HIV 2019; 6:e576-e587.
- Rizzardini G, Overton ET, Orkin C, et al. Long-Acting Injectable Cabotegravir + Rilpivirine for HIV Maintenance Therapy: Week 48 Pooled Analysis of Phase 3 ATLAS and FLAIR Trials. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2020; 85:498-506.
- Swindells S, Lutz T, Van Zyl L, et al. Cabotegravir + rilpivirine long-acting as HIV-1 maintenance therapy: ATLAS week 96 results. HIV Glasgow (Virtual) 2020, Abstract #P006. Supplement - J Int AIDS Soc 2020; 23:e25616.
- Overton ET, Richmond G, Rizzardini G, et al. Long-acting cabotegravir and rilpivirine dosed every 2 months in adults with HIV-1 infection (ATLAS-2M), 48-week results: a randomised, multicentre, open-label, phase 3b, non-inferiority study. Lancet 2021; 396(10267):1994- 2005.
- Margolis D, Schapiro J, Perno C, et al. A combination of viral and participant factors influence virological outcome to long-acting cabotegravir and rilpivirine: multivariable and baseline factor analysis across ATLAS, FLAIR, and ATLAS-2M phase III studies. HIV Glasgow (Virtual) 2020, Abstract #0442. Supplement - J Int AIDS Soc 2020; 23:e25616.
- Di Cristo V, Adorni F, Maserati R, et al. 96-week results of a dual therapy with darunavir/ritonavir plus rilpivirine once a day vs triple therapy in patients with suppressed viraemia: virological success and non-HIV related morbidity evaluation. HIV Res Clin Pract. 2020; 21:34-43.
- McMahon JH, Moore R, Eu B, et al. Clinic network collaboration and patient tracing to maximise retention in HIV care. PLoS ONE 2015; 10:e0127726.
- Bulsara SM, Wainberg ML, Newton-John TRO. Predictors of adult retention in HIV care: a systematic review. AIDS Behav. 2018; 22:752-764.
- University of Washington, US. National HIV Curriculum - Retention in HIV care. Available at: https://www.hiv.uw.edu/go/basic-primary-care/retention-care/core-concept/all