- Galiè N, Humbert M, Vachiery JL et al. 2015 ESC/ERS Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary hypertension: The Joint Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the European Respiratory Society (ERS): Endorsed by: Association for European Paediatric and Congenital Cardiology (AEPC), International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT). Eur Heart J. 2016; 37:67-119.
- Barnett CF, Hsue PY. Human immunodeficiency virus-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension. Clinics in Chest Medicine 2013, 34:283-292.
- Henriques-Forsythe M, Annangi S, Farber HW. Prevalence and hospital discharge status of human immunodeficiency virus-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension in the United States. Pulm Circ. 2015; 5:506-12.
- Brittain EL, Duncan MS, Chang J et al. Increased Echocardiographic Pulmonary Pressure in HIV-infected and -uninfected Individuals in the Veterans Aging Cohort Study. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018; 197:923-932.
- Parikh RV, Ma Y, Scherzer R et al. Ganz P, Hsue PY. Endothelin-1 Predicts Hemodynamically Assessed Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension in HIV Infection. PLoS One. 2016; 11:e0146355.
- Schwarze-Zander C, Pabst S, Hammerstingl C et al. Pulmonary hypertension in HIV infection: a prospective echocardiographic study. HIV Med. 2015; 16:578-82.
- Degano B, Yaici A, Le Pavec J et al. Long-term effects of bosentan in patients with HIV-associated pulmonary arterial hypertension. The European Respiratory Journal 2009; 33:92-98.
- Heidenreich PA, Eisenberg MJ, Kee LLet al. Pericardial effusion in AIDS: Incidence and survival. Circulation 1995; 92:3229-3234.
- Lind A, Reinsch N, Neuhaus K et al. Pericardial effusion of HIV-infected patients: Results of a prospective multicenter cohort study in the era of antiretroviral therapy. European Journal of Medical Research 2011; 16:480-483.
- Ntsekhe M, Mayosi BM. Cardiac manifestations of HIV infection: an African perspective.
- Nature Clinical Practice Cardiovascular Medicine 2009; 6:120-127.
- Remick J, Georgiopoulou V, Marti C et al. Heart failure in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection: epidemiology, pathophysiology, treatment, and future research. Circulation 2014; 129:1781-1789.
- Cerrato E, D'Ascenzo F, Biondi-Zoccai G et al. Cardiac dysfunction in pauci symptomatic human immunodeficiency virus patients: a meta-analysis in the highly active antiretroviral therapy era. Eur Heart J 2013; 34:1432-1436.
- Grossi PA. Update on HIV infection in organ transplantation. Current Opinion in Organ Transplantation 2012; 17:586-593.
- Bruno R, Sacchi P, Filice G. Overview on the incidence and the characteristics of HIV-related opportunistic infections and neoplasms of the heart: impact of highly active antiretroviral
- therapy. AIDS 2003; 17, Suppl 1:S83-87.
- Barbarinia G, Barbaro G. Incidence of the involvement of the cardiovascular system in HIV infection. AIDS 2003; 17, Suppl 1:S46-50.
- Bor DH, Woolhandler S, Nardin R et al. Infective endocarditis in the U.S., 1998-2009: anationwide study. PloS one 2013; 8:e60033.
- Hsu JC, Li Y, Marcus GM et al. Atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter in human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons: incidence, risk factors, and association with markers of HIV disease severity. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2013; 61:2288-2295.
- Roy D, Talajic M, Nattel S et al. Rhythm control versus rate control for atrial fibrillation and heart failure. N Engl J Med. 2008; 358:2667-77.
- Chau KH, Scherzer R, Grunfeld C et al. CHA2DS2-VASc Score, Warfarin Use, and Risk for Thromboembolic Events Among HIV-Infected Persons with Atrial Fibrillation. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017; 76:90-97.
- Singh M, Arora R, Jawad E. HIV protease inhibitors induced prolongation of the QT interval:
- electrophysiology and clinical implications. American Journal of Therapeutics 2010; 17:e193-201.
- Hunt K, Hughes CA, Hills-Nieminen C. Protease inhibitor-associated QT interval prolongation. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2011; 45:1544-1550.
- Escarcega RO, Franco JJ, Mani BC et al. Cardiovascular disease in patients with chronic human immunodeficiency virus infection. International Journal of Cardiology 2014; 175:1-7.